WRC DES Composite
The Stilo WRC DES helmet is a multiple World Rally Championship winning helmet and is the number 1 choice of rally drivers from all over the World – although when almost every driver chooses Stilo it’d be hard not to rack up multiple wins. The composite helmet was designed around the intercom, with the iconic fixed boom firmly holding the microphone in position, and the ear cup speakers for exceptional noise cancelling.
HOMOLOGATED FIA 8859-2015 SNELL SA2015 NEW
material: fiberglass – kevlar MSF (Multi Sandwich Fiber)
weight (intercom included) +-30 g:
small shell 1.450 g
large shell 1.530 g (Equipped according to FIA 8858-2015 standard)
Microphone boom and plug integrated
Adjustments: microphone position, peak, earmuffs pressure
Optional set up: adjustable short visor
small shell XS 54, S 55, M 57
large shell L 59, XL 61, XXL 63
The Stilo WRC DES Composite helmet is available in 2 versions – RALLY and TURISMO (Circuit). The WRC DES Composite helmet is a redesigned and updated version of the WRC Rally helmet. This new version has a kevlar/MSF (Multi Sandwich Fibre) composite shell and is Snell SA2015 approved.
WRC DES Composite RALLY – This helmet is fitted with Stilo’s WRC intercom system that includes: noise attenuating earmuffs which are fitted with speakers, magnetic-dynamic noise cancelling microphone, fully integrated intercom plug. Fitted as standard with HANS posts. Weight: small shell 1450g±30g, large shell 1500g±30g.
Other Stilo WRC Helmet features include:
- Adjustable Microphone: WRC DES is fitted with an easily adjustable microphone boom/holder. All it takes is to remove the holder padding and to use the provided spacers to move the microphone 5, 10 or 15 mm closer to the mouth.
- Integrated Plug: WRC DES integrated plug is positioned away from the HANS® posts in order to ease the jack connection to the intercom (Rally) or radio (Turismo).
- Adjustable Peak: The peak can be raised and lowered to give the driver clear visibility even when the sun is on the horizon. Optional high optical quality flip up visor available.
- Earmuffs: Certified for circuit usage as well, they assure the helmet to be perfectly soundproof. Their pressure on the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber paddings placed in between the earmuffs and the shell. The Rally version hosts speakers.
- EPS Cheekpads: WRC DES is the only helmet on the market, fitted both with earmuffs and EPS (expandable polystyrene) cheekpads. The use of EPS cheekpads ensures better protection in case of lateral impacts.
- Three Shell Sizes: XS, S and M (small shell), L and XL (large shell), XXL (x-large shell).
Snell SA2015 & FIA 8859-2015 approved.