The FHR Hans 3 device, the latest offering in motorsport safety equipment, introduces several notable features. Firstly, it replicates the design of top-level devices used in Formula 1, while incorporating a more affordable polymer material. Additionally, its innovative hollow collar design significantly reduces weight, positioning it as the lightest entry-level device currently available.
This cutting-edge device is offered in two recline angles, providing versatility for different motorsport disciplines. The 20-degree version is well-suited for saloon cars, GTs, rally cars, and any other applications with an upright seating position. Meanwhile, the 30-degree variant is ideal for single-seater cars, formula cars, and sports prototypes.
Hans III Club 3 FHR Device.
One of the key advantages of the Hans 3 device is its inclusion of sliding tethers as a standard feature. These sliding tethers offer drivers greater freedom of movement, enhancing comfort and control on the track. However, it is important to note that helmet posts/clips are not included and must be acquired separately.
To accommodate various neck sizes, the Hans 3 device is available in two sizes: medium and large. The medium size is suitable for collar sizes up to 17 inches, while the large size is designed for individuals with collar sizes exceeding 17 inches. With regards to weight, the medium size, including padding and tethers, weighs approximately 800g, while the large size weighs around 850g.
Crucially, the FHR Hans 3 device has received FIA approval under the stringent 8858-2010 specification, ensuring compliance with the necessary safety standards for use in motorsport.
- the FHR Hans 3 device combines affordability with top-level design
- making it an appealing choice for motorsport enthusiasts.
- Its lightweight construction,
- offered in 20 or 30-degree recline angles, caters to a wide range of racing disciplines.
- The inclusion of sliding tethers enhances freedom of movement, and the availability of different sizes ensures a comfortable fit for drivers. Moreover, its FIA approval guarantees adherence to strict safety regulations.
FHR device NZ