Stilo ST5 FN 8860 Helmets are aimed at professional racers needing to satisfy the stricter FIA 8860 ABP regulation, F1 Helmet or any race driver serious about wanting the best helmet safety. This latest version of the Stilo ST5 FN 8860 helmet is currently the only helmet to pass the FIA 8860-2018 ABP (Advanced Ballistic Protection) standard, making it the highest safety specification helmet ever developed. This 8860 version is constructed from solid carbon for high strength and light weigh and includes a reinforced section above the visor port. This removes the requirement for an additional Zylon visor panel.
Stock only available on an indent basis.
- Electronics and side ports deleted for optimum weight saving
- Earmuffs: Certified for track use as they offer excellent isolation from external noises. They are removable and not fitted with speakers, which are not permitted on circuit: communication is always carried out through ear plugs (available separately). The pressure on the head from the earmuffs can be adjusted by changing the special foam rubber pads (supplied) positioned between the earmuff and the helmet.
- Double Shell: Two different shells: one for small sizes (XS, S, M and L-59) and one for large sizes (L-60, XL, XXL and XXXL).
- Optional: Air intakes, visors, short sun screen visor, top air system and frontal drinking system.
Ideal for use in single seater / formula racing the helmet is supplied as standard with a clear full size visor with a centre locking pin providing the most secure locking at high speeds and easy operation even when wearing gloves.
Supplied with factory fitted FHR (Hans) posts. This helmet is designed to be the lightest possible so it has no radio electronics or drinks ports, The removal of the side port gives the helmet a sleeker, more compact profile. If electronics are needed please consider the ST5 F 8860 Carbon helmet.
FIA 8860-2018ABP approved
Currently the 8860-2018 ABP standard is only required in Formula 1, F2, F3 and Formula E, due to open cockpit nature of competition, the ABP standard will feed into other FIA championships year on year.
This certification provides an unparalleled level of puncture protection as well as impact resistance. No where will you find a safer helmet. The shape of the Formula is conducive to use in open and closed cockpit cars. The optional Aero kits will optimize airflow over the helmet for open cars.
Check for stock availability
EQUIPPED ACCORDING TO FIA 8860-2018 STANDARD
Other features Include for the Stilo 8860 Helmet:
- Earmuffs: Available as a separate options (see ‘have you also considered’ section)
- Double Shell: Two different shell sizes: small (XS, S, M and L), large (XL and XXL).
- Optional: Front spoiler, rear spoiler, air intakes, visors, tear-offs, short sun screen visor, top air system and frontal drinking system.
FIA 8859-2018 approved
These helmets are the lightest 8860 helmets available anywhere in the world, thanks to the new shell made from a specific quality of high-tensile carbon.
- Ear pillows
- M6 nut HANS pre-installed
- 1 clear visor
- HANS post and a helmet bag
- Optional noise attenuating earmuffs available
- Snell SA2020 and FIA 8860-2018 certified F1 Helmet
- Redesigned shell that optimizes shell size, airflow, visibility, and weight
- Features a much larger visor than previous models and opens past the line of sight
- HANS ready
- Cutout for the eyeport on all ST5 helmets is taller than the previous ST4 and has a special visor to accommodate the larger opening
- All Stilo closed faced helmets come ready for electronics, air supply, and hydration. You can use any combination of the three. The ST5 offers flexibility while maintaining a clean cabin. All options integrate seamlessly with the new ST5 from Stilo.
- EPS cheek pads provide the best in lateral crash safety, while retaining the functionality of the earmuffs to provide a comfortable aural environment for communication.
Stilo 8860 helmets Also available with earmuffs that provide a significantly quieter environment for the driver by aurally isolating the ear. The pressure upon the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber pads placed between the earmuff and the helmet. The earmuffs unique shape ensures they stay in place and do not make the helmet difficult to put on or take off.
Visor Options – The ST5 FN Carbon comes with a 3mm clear visor for the absolute best in protection. Visor options and spares, you may choose from clear, yellow, smoked and iridium shields for driving in different lighting circumstances. All visors mount with two specially machined aluminum fasteners and provide an air-tight seal with the rubber grommet on the helmet. Can also be purchased separately.
Aerodynamics – Front, rear, F1 Helmet and IndyCar aero kits are available as add-ons
FHR Posts – M6 nut pre-installed for easy FHR Installation
Two Shells – The Stilo 8860 helmet has two separate shell sizes for this helmet. This allows us to make a better-fitting helmet that is lighter weight. Instead of filling a very large shell with lots of padding for a size small, we have one shell size for x-small to medium, and one for large and x-large.
Why should you join our email list?
- Access our email only sales!
- Helpful monthly emails with event info & product updates
- Access limited stock product first
- You can leave at any time!