Simpson Hybrid sport Quick Release devices are the only FIA 8858-2010 approved Head and Neck Restraint on the market that protect during front, offset and side impacts. M61 Quick Release system is Designed for easily exiting the car without the danger of getting hung up on other gear, the device sits on your back/shoulders, not over the chest or collarbone as with the old HANS-type devices. Plus, they provide you with maximum comfort and manoeuvrability.
An evolution of the Hybrid Pro Rage, the new Hybrid Sport device improves upon the design and technology which promises the racer an improved product, at the same price range as the old model. The Hybrid Sport is lighter, weighing in at 20% less for the large, including hardware; and the DuPont carbon/polymer construction is sleek, modern and appealing with defined wings for better harness containment. The sliding tethers and multi-tether system enhances the side to side range of movement and field of vision. The Hybrid Sport is both SFI 38.1 and FIA certified.
- ‘Slide’ design offers increased visibility
- DuPont carbon/polymer construction
- Unrivalled angular impact protection and device stability
- Low profile. No high back to hook on the bars on exit
- Minimalistic design. Compact size under 7“
- Multiple load paths to dissipate head loads
- Buckle attachment in front. No bulky straps underneath
The Hybrid Sport is supplied with optional M61 quick release tethers / anchors. These M61 anchors are fitted in place of your original Hans posts. Both the M61 helmet anchors and the quick release tethers / straps are included with the M61 – Quick Release Option.
- M61 -Simpson Hybrid sport Quick Release – These tethers allow the driver to release the restraint by a simple pull on the cord attached to the helmet. Approved for helmets FIA 8858-2010 standard or higher. Ideal for Rallying where the helmet may be taken on and off more frequently (i.e. between stages).
Weight: approximately 956 grams complete
FIA 8858-2010 approved
Please note: the image shown to illustrate the slide tethers is actually of that of the full carbon Hybrid Pro Slide model. The sliding tethers work just the same on the composite version.
highly recommends harnesses with 2/3″ or 2″ wide shoulder straps for use with all FHR’s to provide the best fit.
Why should you join our email list?
- Access our email only sales!
- Helpful monthly emails with event info & product updates
- Access limited stock product first
- You can leave at any time!